Monkey as your website.

About Monkey 2 Forums General Programming Discussion Monkey as your website.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jondecker76 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Richard Betson
    Participant

I’m using Monkey2 and my gaming framework to make my website with. With Monkey2’s built in access to MySql, interesting things should happen.
    http://phoenixusc.com

Is anyone else doing this? Have a link?

Attachments:

Pakz
    Participant

The screen is not centered correctly on my laptop here.

Attachments:

Richard Betson
    Participant

Try fullscreen (using the button and resize checked). No matter what I try I cant seem to get the 1080p view to resize to a smaller size within the browser.

Are in 720p natively?

Richard Betson
    Participant

I think I have a solution. I have added a resolution selection window. It will allow will allow 720p on upto 4K. I have to fix a bug in my GUI but I should get this working today. But it seems to work. 🙂

Attachments:

therevills
    Participant

Cool idea. Any chance you can remove the top bar with the Resize canvas / Hide mouse pointer?

If I would create a web site with Monkey2, I would also have a lowband page too for people with slow net. Even on my 60meg connection it took a while to show up.

Richard Betson
    Participant

I have updated the site and added a resolution selection window. Now you can go from 720p to 4K resolutions. All very experimental. Image below is the site at 3K.
    http://www.phoenixusc.com

*** Important *** Do a shift+reload button on your browser if you have previously visited the site. Especially if it gives an error. It should work fine after that.

Any chance you can remove the top bar with the Resize canvas / Hide mouse pointer?

I can. I’ll see how it does with just F11 (fullscreen) in the browser.

I would also have a lowband page too

It only takes about 15 seconds here on my 3Mb connection, then about 7 or so seconds to run (on a first time download). Try a shift+reload button and see how long it takes to get the data, then how long it takes to run after it’s downloaded. 😉

Once it’s cached though it loads almost instantly.

Attachments:

Richard Betson
    Participant

I removed the header bar and added a settings icon to the main window (brings up resolution selection).  Added a title bar to settings.

http://www.phoenixusc.com

*** Important *** Do a shift+reload button on your browser if you have previously visited the site. Especially if it gives an error. It should work fine after that.

I was hoping someone else had made a site with Monkey. I’m surprised no one has tried this. Fun!

Attachments:

therevills
    Participant

Took over 10 seconds on my machine/connection with shift+reload…

Richard Betson
    Participant

therevills,

I think thats pretty good as some of that time is probably initialization on Emscriptens part. The actual data total thats downloaded is 6.7MB.

Did you see your starfield effect. 😀

nerobot
    Participant

Not for mobile devices.

Richard Betson
    Participant

Not for mobile devices.

I suppose. But to be honest the website is aimed at PC gamers. The .wasm file is about 2.9MB and the .data file is 3.1MB. What would increase app load times is to lighten the .data payload via the use of HttpRequst. So far, I’ve not been able to get it to work in Emscripten. Maybe someone here has?

The other cool thing to get going would be theorplayer with Emscripten. Now that Monkey2 is starting to thread this may be possible.

I think I can pull this off give the above. 🙂

Richard Betson
    Participant

Checkout my website with scale-to-fit canvas to browser window view using Emscripten + Monkey2. Try resizing your browser and changing the website applications resolutions for fun and to see scaling in action.:>
    http://www.phoenixusc.com/

Be sure to do a shift+reload button if you’ve visited before. After that it shouldn’t be a problem when I update. Also when a rescale is needed mouse movement, focus change or clicking on the canvas trigger the actual scaling.

With a bit more support on the socket end of things Monkey2 has a place in the WASM world. For certain applications using Monkey as the front end product is a good choice.

jondecker76
    Participant

Everything ran beautifully on my Galaxy Note 9 in Dex mode

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.