Phoenix USC

About Monkey 2 Forums Monkey 2 Projects Phoenix USC

This topic contains 31 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Richard Betson 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Richard Betson
    Participant

I have been reworking the Phoenix USC website which now uses a Monkey2 app to drive the site. It uses Alien Phoenix and Emscripten and features a window based GUI and a real-time stanfield effect (thank you therevills). It’s experimental but will probably be the only window based GUI website out there. 🙂

Phoenix USC website: http://phoenixusc.com/

Attachments:

Richard Betson
    Participant

I think I can do my whole website using Monkey2 and Alien Phoenix. 😀

Richard Betson
    Participant

Latest development image (Wide-Screen 5760×1080) of Phoenix USC (uses Alien Phoenix). Lightened up the space background which gives better depth.

#2 image on IndieDB today. I’ve never seen one of my images on the image ‘top 4’ headline. 😀

Link to image – Phoenix USC IndieDB image page.

Richard Betson
    Participant

Scott Manley (YouTube channel) posted a tweet I sent him 😀 On his Twitter page.

I’m looking at a demo release the first part of September and am just now contacting software reviewers and others.

Richard Betson
    Participant

New bot ships! Checkout the new ships. In the pre-alpha demo. :o​

Richard Betson
    Participant

I have a test game front-end going on ITCH.io (in webassembly/Emscripten). It’s sort of a place holder and allows me to test things. Check it out.
    https://vidiot-x.itch.io/phoenix-universe-of-space-combat

Richard Betson
    Participant

Richard Betson
    Participant

Making final touches. Demo out soon.

Richard Betson
    Participant

I have some music going for the demo. 😀 I have sound working and will add a weapons fire sound effect. Checkout the enhanced lighting I added (red lights spin). All final touches to assets / look and feel to the pre-alpha demo out in the next week or so..

Richard Betson
    Participant

I’m currently testing the phoenix USC pre-alpha demo in early access. If you are interested (Monkey2 website members) let me know and somehow, I’ll get you a link to the demo. This demo will be WASM (Emscripten) based and run in your web browser at 1080p 60FPS. I think as a coder, you will be blown away by what Monkey2, Emscripten and Alien Phoenix can do. 😀

nerobot
    Participant

Cool stuff! 🙂

Richard Betson
    Participant

The official Phoenix USC pre-alpha trailer. Demo December 2018.

Richard Betson
    Participant

Getting ready for a December release of the pre-alpha demo. Getting an in game editor up and running, still very early but should make it into later versions.

Attachments:

Richard Betson
    Participant

Phoenix USC is live and online! See what Alien Phoenix, Monkey2 and Emscripten can really do. 😀
    3 Mission playable demo here on my Phoenix USC IndieDB page.

Attachments:

cocon
    Participant

Runs OK in my old PC, great work!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.